Are you looking for a natural way to treat and prevent some common diseases? The secret lies in essential oils. These are aromatic compounds extracted from plants that are used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Below are the types of essential oils.
Top note oils
These oils have a scent that is light and refreshing and which uplifts moods. Because their scent is delicate and light, they must store in an airtight container to prevent them from losing their aroma. These oils are derived from the leaves of certain plants and flowers. Top note oils are fast acting and have anti-viral properties. They are effective in the treatment of stress and depression. They also have a strong aroma that helps the body to release natural healing and detoxifying chemicals. There are many types of top note oils each with different healing properties. The common ones include:
- Peppermint Oil is used for the fast and effective treatment of headaches-Basil Oil treats respiratory diseases and combats stomach problems.
Sweet Orange Oil is best known for its aphrodisiac properties and its effectiveness in soothing sore muscles.
- Thyme Oil heals most skin problems and has anti-aging properties. It can also be used to treat problems as diverse as arthritis and menopause problems.
- Eucalyptus Oil stimulates blood flow to the brain and is great for skin care.
Middle note oils
Most of the essential oils fall under this category. They are extracted from spices and herbs and are not as volatile as the top note oils. Middle note oils have a calming and a soothing effect and can be ingested, inhaled or applied topically. Even though their effect may not be felt immediately, they have great health benefits. Some of the common middle note oils include:
- Lavender oil has a magical aroma that causes relaxation to the body and mind. If you want some soothing, you will get it in lavender oil.
- Geranium Oil is most famous for its ability to maintain beautiful skin. It fades acnes and scars and makes the skin to glow. It is also sweet smelling and can improve moods.
- Black Pepper Oil has a spicy fragrance and has anti-arthritic properties-Chamomile Oil has a great flavour and is a perfect mood booster- Rosemary Oil is great for hair care and is effective in treating most scalp related problems.
- Nutmeg Oil has a pleasant aroma and when used for massage, it alleviates inflammation and combats period pain.
Base note oils
These oils are expensive because they have a strong aroma which does not fade quickly. They are extracted from gums and resins of mature trees and herbs. Their fragrances are solid and intense and have a relaxing effect. The diy recipes makes it a perfect solution to many health problems.The following are some of the common ones and their health benefits:
This is one of the most versatile and expensive oils. It is a natural aphrodisiac, has anti-inflammatory effects, is great for skin care and reduces anxiety.
Clove Oil has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which make it an excellent skin care ingredient.
Vanilla Oil is one of the most popular oils. It is an effective antidepressant and has cancer-fighting properties.
Frankincense Oil has antiseptic properties and is great for oral hygiene. – Rose Oil is most famed for its aphrodisiac properties